Project ALERT Curriculum
An overview of the curriculum, lesson summaries, and classroom materials are available on this page. Materials can be downloaded either grouped by lesson or as individual files.
Lesson 11: Benefits of Not Using Drugs
Reviews and reinforces negative consequences of using drugs; motivates resistance by reviewing benefits of not using drugs; and elicits written commitments from students.
- 1. Review and reinforce the negative consequences of using substances
- 2. Acknowledge the benefits of resisting substance use
- 3. Identify actions students can take to quit substance use
- Lesson 11 Instructional Slides (2023)
- Lesson 11 Teacher Manual (2023)
- Poster: Marijuana Can Damage You In The Long Run
- Poster: Marijuana Can Affect You Right Away
- Poster: Nicotine Is Addicting
- Poster: Prescription Drugs Go Straight To Your Head
- Poster: Alcohol Can Damage You In the Long Run
- Poster: Vaping and Smoking Affects Your Heart and Lungs
- Poster: Vaping and Smoking Makes You Less Attractive
- Poster: Alcohol Can Harm You Any Time You Drink
- Poster: Vaping Leads To...
- Lesson 11 Teacher Manual (2023) Spanish
- Video: Saying "No" to Drugs
Does not apply for this lesson.