Project ALERT Curriculum
An overview of the curriculum, lesson summaries, and classroom materials are available on this page. Materials can be downloaded either grouped by lesson or as individual files.
Booster 1: Motivating Resistance to Drugs
Re-introduces Project ALERT; reviews consequences of nicotine, marijuana, alcohol; reviews the safe use of prescription medications and risks of misuse; and reviews sources of pressure.
- 1. Remind students of the social, psychological, and physical consequences of drug use as a means of motivating resistance
- 2. Increase resistance self-efficacy by helping students understand the nature and variety of pressures to use drugs and by providing practice in resisting them
- Booster Lesson 1 Teacher Manual (2023)
- Booster Lesson 1 Instructional Slides (2023)
- Poster: Marijuana Can Damage You In The Long Run
- Poster: Marijuana Can Affect You Right Away
- Poster: Nicotine Is Addicting
- Poster: Prescription Drugs Go Straight To Your Head
- Poster: Alcohol Can Damage You In the Long Run
- Poster: Vaping and Smoking Affects Your Heart and Lungs
- Poster: Vaping and Smoking Makes You Less Attractive
- Poster: Alcohol Can Harm You Any Time You Drink
- Poster: Vaping Leads To...
- Booster Lesson 1 Teacher Manual (2023) SPANISH
Does not apply for this lesson.